Thursday, November 4, 2010

S.N. Week 1 Day 3- American Classic

Take me out to the ball game

Take me out with the crowd!
 
 Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jacks, I don't care if we NEVER get back!...

Peanuts? Hmm...How about homemade Roasted Spiced Almonds instead?
Tonight is my one night in the week off and THIS is the totally fun and perfect way I spend it-
My husband is in a softball league. They play every Wed. night and I LOVE going out to the game, sitting with my large soda and yummy treats picked out to savor as I relax and enjoy watching my husband and friends play. Tonight my special treats were the Roasted Spice Almonds that I made earlier in the day. A shout out to my little sis for the recipe. THANKS! They filled my house with a delicious cinnamon toasty nut smell and were a hit at the game with my husbands family. Talk about ADDICTING! They were SUPER easy to make too. Below is the recipe.

Warning: If you eat one, be prepared to not have the will power to stop until you've consumed several handfuls...and then a few more...and then a few more.

3-4 cups of almonds
1 egg
1/2 cup sugar
1Tbsp. of cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
( to me 1/2 tsp of salt is WAY too much. I added about 1/3 of a tsp. and it was perfect)

In a mixing bowl, put in cinnamon, sugar and salt. Mix well.
In a separate mixing bowl, beat egg till frothy. Pour almonds in bowl and thoroughly coat almonds.
Pour egg coated almonds into the bowl of cinnamon, sugar mix. Coat thoroughly.
Place almonds on a large cookie sheet.
Bake at 275* for 45 min, stirring every 15 min while baking.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I was eating spiced almonds when I logged on to read this- no lie! I loved the baseball pictures! It looks like fun and it's nice to see what you're up to.

    ReplyDelete