After the softball game, my husband and I headed back home to our anticipated meal of Brick Oven Pizza,Throwback Pepsi and Homemade Pumpkinbutter Cream Pie with Gingersnap Crust. He was SO excited that I got a piggyback ride all the way from the field to the car. Lots of kisses followed.
Tonight was my one night off. I was NOT going to cook a full meal. This girl was going to take her well deserved break and sit back and relax tonight! So, to keep my goal, I made a pie for dessert since I had cheated on the pizza.
The pie was light and creamy blended with a hint of the Pumpkin Pie flavor we all love. The Gingersnap Pie crust heated things up a bit with it's spicy bite. You can use Graham Cracker crust or regular pie crust if you prefer a more subtle companion for your cream filling.
I LOVED seeing my husbands face after he took his first bite of the pie. If you'd like to do the same for your husband, below is the EASY EASY EASY, 3 ingredient recipe. "Shhhh..you don't have to tell him how easy it was."
Creamy Pumpkin Butter Pie:
1 jar of Pumpkin Butter- my preferred brand is Dickenson's
1 container of Cool Whip NOT frozen but soft for the shortcut version OR I whipped my own cream for a fresher, healthier and creamier taste, adding vanilla and sugar while I whipped.
Pie crust of your choice, cooled if made freshly.
Divide cream in half. Gently fold pumpkin butter into half of the whipped cream. Make sure to keep as much air in the mix as possible to keep it light n fluffy.
Pour into the pie crust and smooth out evenly.
Next, layer the 2nd part of cream on top and smooth out evenly.
Chill in refrigerator for 30min or until set and chilled.
Gingersnap Pie Crust recipe- http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/gingersnap-crust
No comments:
Post a Comment