Friday, November 5, 2010

S.N. Week 1 day 4- Taking a sick day off

I think mothers should get sick days. Wouldn't it be nice to call in, tell someone that you're sick and that you won't be in for the day. They reply with an "okay we'll take care of it" and you can rest knowing that the kids will be picked up from school,  homework done, therapies attended, projects finished, housework done,  kids fed and bathed,etc. and that you can pick up where they left off the next day when you're feeling better? Hmmm maybe I should start a union. 
Sadly, the autumn chill got to me and I am sick. All I want to do is lie my aching body in bed and try to sleep off my pounding headache and sore throat. But, since there isn't a mother's union, I wasn't able to call in sick. It was nearing dinner time and all I could think was, "I'm glad dinner will be quick and easy to make." I was hoping it would be anyways, and it was. Quick and easy and OH so yummy! We'd never had the Creamy Baked Ziti before and what a delicious surprise! A great recipe for a tired mommy and hungry kids. Below is the recipe. Enjoy!
Dinner Menu:
Creamy Baked Ziti
Sauted Zucchini and Summer squash
Garden Salad
 
Recipe link for Creamy Baked Ziti: http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/creamy-baked-ziti-120729.aspx?cm_mmc=eml-_-rbe-_-20101102-_-1011

1 comment:

  1. I'm inspired! I had a bunch of mozzarella sitting in my fridge just waiting for a recipe like this to come along. Gonna have baked Ziti for din-din on Sunday, thanks to you. If you ever start a union, I'll sign up. Now, if we end up being the only two members....
    Get well, big sis and know I admire your effort to do it all.

    ReplyDelete