Sunday, January 22, 2012

Weekend fun: M&M's and Marios

The weekend is here, it's time to play! We'll pop some corn and snack away.
Popcorn sprinkled with chocolate chips and M&M's



 

We won't do homework. We won't do chores.We won't do anything that'll be a bore.



 Let's pick a movie, what will it be?.. I know! Toy Story 2...not 3.

And so we ate our special treat and watched the movie we thought was neat and when it was over, we weren't done. Mom said, "Hey boys, lets have some fun!"  ..Wait what's that you say?...Another movie instead of play? Ok, you pick and let me see...wait, you want what??? Mario Brothers 3!??

This is one of the things that is nearly banned from our home and only allowed on rare occasions due to Daniel and Ben's  inclination to over obsess. ...I gave in due to their previous good behavior. One thing led to another and well, the rest is history...


After watching the movie, the boys sat down to draw. I decided to join them and much to my surprise, I was actually able to draw a decent picture to keep with theirs. No seriously, growing up I'd watch my talented siblings amaze with their skilled drawings and I stuck to things like flowers and swirls. I'd had enough of being traumatized by the fact that my people always ended up looking like a mix between pixies and pigs... not a pretty sight.

Can you tell which picture belongs to who?

Our drawings of Mario and the gang
Let's see if you guessed right...
Mine

Daniel- Luigi in a Frog suit

Daniel
James
While James and I were finishing, Daniel decided to take it to the next level...
He put his costume on.

and was SO very happy about it

Iron man joined us at the table to color.

There you are Ben! Hard at work on a Luigi paper hat.
 Then Daniel decided to show off with his fine motor skills he'd been tweaking during his many O.T. sessions...
This little guy puts my picture to shame...What's that? Toad in the background you say?

Yep he's here too...

and Luigi...

and Princess Peach. Poor lady. Heheh.
The gangs all here.


Yes, this was ALL Daniel's doing. He's constantly amazing us with his skills when he gets his hands on a piece of clay, or Play-Doh in this case. It was all a lot of fun. I can't wait for our next weekend together! However next time... Mario won't be invited.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Those playdoh people are pretty impressive! Yes, Isaac can obsess about video games too. His current favorite is Plants vs. Zombies, and I must say, his parents like it a lot too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Sam is playing Mario as I type this, LOL! I have to ask- did you make those play dough guys or did the boys? Daniel and James are both pretty derned good artists! Good work, boys!
    Not bad, sis. Sounds like a fun time. I should spend some time with my kids like that.
    Off to play Mario! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete